McLean & Howard, L.L.P.
4301 Bull Creek Road
Austin, TX 78731
Phone: (512) 328-2008
Fax: (512) 328-2409
William P. “Bill” McLean is one of the founding partners of the firm. He is a lifelong Austinite and has practiced law since 1991. He is one of a few, fifth generation Texas lawyers.
Bill primarily practices in the areas of Real Estate Purchase and Sales, Real Estate Leasing, Real Estate Development, Condominium and Master Community Documentation, Land Use and Governmental Entitlements, Entity Choice and Formation, Real Estate Lending and Finance, Easements, License Agreements and Land Use Transactions, Construction Law, and Eminent Domain. He has represented numerous clients in a wide variety of complex transactions within his practice areas.
Bill is very involved in his community having served as President of the Colorado River Foundation and the Austin Chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association. He is also currently on the board of directors of the West Austin Youth Association. Bill is a member of trade and professional organizations such as the State Bar of Texas, Austin Bar Association, Real Estate Council of Austin and Homebuilders Association of Greater Austin. He has been an author/lecturer at numerous continuing legal education seminars.
- The University of Texas (B.B.A. Finance) 1987
- St. Mary’s University School of Law (J.D.) 1991
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1991
- Real Estate Council of Austin
- Regional Collaboration and Education Committee
- Homebuilders Association of Austin
- Austin Bar Association
- Colorado River Foundation
- Board of Directors (2001-Present)
- President (2008-Present)
- West Austin Youth Association
- Board of Directors (2007-Present)
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Board of Directors, Austin Chapter (1993 to Present)
- President, Austin Chapter (1996)
- Board of Directors, Texas State (1997 to 1999)