Patrick E. Hudson helps clients generate custom solutions for challenging real estate transactions. He regularly advises landowners, developers, and end-users on navigating project risks.
Patrick works with a network of colleagues to bring in specialized help at when needed. He began practicing law because of a genuine interest in helping people, and he enjoys his work because it provides the opportunity to work with teams of talented entrepreneurs.
He spends his time away from work enjoying Austin and Central Texas with his wife and three children.
- University of Edinburgh – LL.M. Commercial Law
- Study of Law of Obligations, with emphasis on source and scope of duties.
- Dissertation on death row phenomenon adapted for publication by European Journal of International Law. PDF
- The University of Texas School of Law – J.D., with Honors
- Arkansas Tech University – B.S. Magna Cum Laude
- Double major in Economics & Finance and Business Management
- President of Kappa Alpha Order
RECENT AND REPRESENTATIVE TRANSACTIONS
- 2022 sale and leaseback of the Texas Bullion Depository This unique project is the highest security precious metals depository in the State of Texas, dubbed the modern-day Fort Knox. Our firm assisted with 380 and 381 agreements, construction financing, leasing, and sale, and each step was unique because of the security elements mixing with State contracts. www.texasbulliondepository.gov and Texas Comptroller Website
- 2022 purchase and leaseback of a rocket factory. www.nasa.gov
- Ongoing representation of retail and medical developers in site acquisition, leasing, and sale of product in different stages of completion.
- Representation of Texas’ largest police labor organization in connection with their primary administrative offices near the Texas Capitol. www.cleat.org/
- Ongoing representation of addiction treatment provider with a network of medical properties, ranging from residential sober living to ambulatory detoxification facilities. We helped our client establish appropriate land use for a first-of-its-kind sober living apartment community in Austin. novarecoverycenter.com
- Ongoing representation of owners of medical and retail centers in leasing transactions, as part of a leasing team.
- Ongoing representation of international equity sponsor in Texas medical office investments. orbvest.com
- Ongoing representation of hospitality developers focused on unique Texas properties. www.alexamgmt.com
- Austin Bar Association
- Real Estate Section (Board Member)
- Business, Corporate & Tax Section
- Financial Institutions Section
- State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section